NEW – ELA Conference 4 November 2021
The ELA warmly invites you to its Conference on 4 November 2021 on ‘Extradition in International Law: Challenges and Solutions‘ at the Law Society, Chancery Lane, London.
We are hugely honoured to have eminent speakers:
- HHJ Joanna Korner CMG QC, Judge of the International Criminal Court
- Sir Howard Morrison OBE CBE KCMG QC, former Judge of the International Criminal Court and Doughty Street Associate tenant
- Rachel Barnes, Barrister at 3 Raymond Buildings
- Émilie Pottle, Barrister at Temple Garden Chambers, and
- Brendan Newitt from Dutch law firm De Roos & Pen.
- An update on State immunity from extradition
- The duty to extradite or prosecute under the Rome Statute
- The recent practice of the Amsterdam Court’s Extradition Chamber
- The (non-)extradition of nationals and the impact on the progress of war crimes trials, and
- Cooperation issues in surrender to the International Criminal Court.
5:30pm arrivals for 6pm start. Speeches followed by refreshments.
Attendance is free for ELA members. To register your attendance please email email@example.com; your place will be confirmed by return. Registration will close when places are full and no later than 48 hours before the event so the Law Society can be advised of delegates’ names. Non-members are encouraged to join online here. For more information please see our flyer. We look forward very much to seeing everyone!