Established in 2007.
The Extradition Lawyers’ Association is an apolitical, non-profit international association for extradition, mutual legal assistance and international lawyers and policy-makers and the judiciary.
Our aims are to promote the interests of our members by:
- Representing their views on matters affecting their professional interests
- Informing the development of extradition law by responding to government consultations and Parliamentary inquiries in relation to matters of relevance to extradition and mutual legal assistance
- Providing regular education and training events and circulating up-to-date information on recent cases
- Providing a forum for the exchange of knowledge, ideas and best practice
- Promoting the professional development of our members, including through the provision of networking opportunities
The ELA is based in London but our members include extradition lawyers practising in a wide range of jurisdictions all over the world.